- Credit Cards
- 24/7 Services
- About Us
Life is unpredictable. You may worry about unexpected, real-life events that could leave you scrambling to pay your monthly bills. Member Debt Protection can help relieve financial pressure in the event of death, disability and/or involuntary unemployment.
With Member Debt Protection, your loan balance will be canceled or your monthly loan payments suspended without penalty or added interest. You benefit from the peace of mind knowing you and your credit rating are protected.
Choose from the six plans listed below:
|Plan Options||Death||Disability||Involuntary Unemployment||Involuntary Unemployment|
Member Debt Protection is available for:
Consumer -- Closed-end consumer loans if the loan has a term of 120 months or less; open-end consumer credit plans and unsecured lines of credit; credit cards.
Real Estate -- Closed-end home equity loans (e.g. second mortgages) that are 120 months or greater; home equity line of credit plans.
There are eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions that apply to this program. Please contact us for additional details about the Member Debt Protection program.
Definitions of coverage
Death -- Give your family time to get back on their feet financially.
- Consumer (Plans 1, 2 and 3) -- Cancels the remaining loan balance as of date of death (up to $75,000).
- Real Estate (Plans 4, 5 and 6) -- Cancels up to 12 payments (up to $1,500/month).
Disability -- Help avoid bills piling up as you try to regain your health and earning capacity. Use this benefit as a supplement to any disability coverage you may have at work (which usually only covers 60 percent of pay).
- Consumer (Plans 1 and 2) -- Cancels up to six payments per occurrence (up to $1,000/month and a maximum aggregate benefit of $15,000/borrower).
- Real Estate (Plans 4 and 5) -- Cancels up to six payments per occurrence (up to $1,500/month and a maximum aggregate benefit of $18,000/borrower).
Involuntary Unemployment -- Ensure that one of your major monthly expenses will be taken care of as you search for new employment.
- Consumer (Plan 1) -- Cancels up to three payments (up to $1,000/month and a maximum aggregate benefit of $15,000/borrower).
- Real Estate (Plan 4) -- Cancels up to three payments (up to $1,500/month and a maximum aggregate benefit of $18,000/borrower).
No obligation for 30 days
When you apply for Member Debt Protection, you have 30 days to review your plan. If you are not satisfied with the program, or if your situation changes, you can cancel it at any time. Any fees paid will be refunded if you cancel within the first 30 days.
A benefit for you
We've designed our Member Debt Protection program to fit the times we live in today. More than ever, we all worry about things that might happen tomorrow. Member Debt Protection provides an important sense of financial security knowing your loan will not become a burden to you in times of hardship. Please consult with one of our representatives to discuss our Member Debt Protection program in more detail.