- Credit Cards
- 24/7 Services
- About Us
IRA Savings Account
Make your retirement your own by planning for it right away. An IRA Account from Best Financial Credit Union makes it easy by offering tax-advantaged savings options in which to invest your hard-earned money. There are no monthly service or maintenance fees to worry about, just dividends above standard savings to be made.
Whether your dream retirement includes getting in some quality golf time or chasing grandkids around the yard, make sure it's what you're envisioning. We're here to help make it happen.
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings*
- Competitive dividends above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $5,500 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase share certificates within IRA
- No minimum deposit to open account
- $500 minimum deposit to open share certificate
*Consult a tax advisor.
- Traditional vs. Roth
There are advantages to both traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is the time at which you see the most advantage. A traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70 ½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals on dividends subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.
- Coverdell ESA
Create an easier transition into college for yourself and your student by setting up a savings account early. A Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) provides a tax-free safe place to grow competitive dividends and also financial confidence for a new stage in life.
- Set aside funds for your child's education
- No setup or annual fee
- Dividends grow tax-free
- Withdrawals are tax-free and penalty-free when used for qualified education expenses*
- Designated beneficiary must be under 18 when contributions are made
- To contribute to an ESA, certain income limits apply**
- Contributions are not tax deductible
- $2,000 maximum annual contribution per child
- The money must be withdrawn by the time he or she turns 30***
- The ESA may be transferred without penalty to another member of the family
- $25 minimum deposit to open
*Qualified expenses include tuition and fees, books, supplies, board, etc.
**Consult your tax advisor to determine your contribution limit.
***Those earnings are subject to income tax and a 10% penalty.